Oh, Canadians!
A Tribute to Canadians Who Make A Difference

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Random Feedback

I occasionally hit 'next blog' to get a sense of what other people think is important in a sort of randomized way to open myself up to the world and its viewpoints. It is almost always worthwhile. Below I have copied and pasted from the blog of an American who provided feedback on a recent trip to Toronto.

Two weeks ago I hopped on a plane with (most of) my family and jetted off to Toronto for the annual meeting of the American College of Physicians. It was the first out-of-state and out-of-country vacation we had taken since... I don't know, since I've been out of diapers. It was a good trip, it was nice to see my family and it was fun to visit a new city (and country)! Some things I noted in Toronto:


- Recycling. Recycling bins were everywhere, and diversified. Good for them!

- Clean streets. Toronto was remarkably low on litter for a dense city, even the alleyways looked neat and tidy.

- 100+ year old brick buildings stood shoulder to shoulder with glass and steel giants. There was a wonderful mix of new and old in the downtown area. Some neighborhoods were predominantly one or the other, but I was happy to see how well they had preserved their older buildings. My heart has a soft spot for old architecture. Apparently it also has a soft spot for funny signs. "No sacks please, we're British" sat in the window of a store. Teehee.

- The coffee is good. We tried coffee from a different shop every day. It was always good. Well played, Toronto.

- Herbs has an audible "h." This catapulted me into endless Eddie Izzard quotes all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment